Switchbacks Forums
November 22, 2018, 03:17:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Trails v1.80 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simplest steps to contribute trails/rides from my Garmin Edge 605 to NWTrails?  (Read 4594 times)
worldzfree
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »

Hello,

Right now I import all the rides into the Garmin Connect web site and then export it out as a GPX and then submit it.  Is this the easiest way?  Also, I ride a bunch and I have piles of rides in my GPS that I would like to contribute but am not sure the easiest way to mass contribute.  Any advice would be great.

-Cheers
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 08:21:23 am »

Uploading the GPX export from Garmin Connect is fine. If there is a mix of trail types in the file, it is usually easiest for me if you break up the track in an editor and name each segment with something that includes the type, such as "Dirt Road" or "Centennial Trail - Paved Trail".

For mass upload, it is definitely easiest for me if the tracks are separated out by general area. That way I can more easily zoom in on each trail network in my editing software. If that is not feasible, then you can pack all of the files you have together in a .zip file for a single upload.

Thanks!

Jon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: