Switchbacks Forums
August 30, 2014, 03:14:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.26 now available (December 12, 2013)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything tricky about loading NWT on Garmin 62s?  (Read 1843 times)
JustMike
Tenderfoot

View Profile Email
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:25 pm »

I've been using NW Trails for years on a Garmin CSx. Today, I tried installing on a Garmin 62s and cannot get the NW Trail maps to 'show up.' MapSource loads CityNavigator maps correctly. Seems to be loading NW Trails at the same time. but... no trail maps. Is there something tricky about loading NW Trail maps on a 62s? Perhaps some configuration that I should check? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:00:13 am »

Hi Mike,

I shot you a response to your email, but thought it would be good to discuss this here as well in case we discover something that might help others. Here is what I wrote:

Could you try downloading this .img file and copying it to your device: http://www.switchbacks.com/downloads/NW_Trails_v1.72.img? To be safe you will want to turn off or remove your other mapset just so that we can eliminate any potential interference from that.

If you still can't see the trails with this install, then we can look at what might be going on with the device settings. I have a 62S here at work that I can experiment with.

Jon
JustMike
Tenderfoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:10 am »

Thanks Jon. I really appreciate the help. You identified the problem via email with me. I had selected the "Detailed Background" rather than the actual trail maps. Ooops.... So, no issues related to the 62S, just my MapSource insanity.

Thanks again!
Mike
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: