Switchbacks Forums
August 23, 2014, 04:24:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.26 now available (December 12, 2013)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I overwrite or rename?  (Read 1596 times)
CDuck
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »

There are some trails on version 1.73 that I would like to have.  However, I uploaded some waypoints to my Oregon 450, using the 1.72.  Do these waypoints still work with my new mapset?  Will I have to upload them again?  Should I rename 1.73 so that I have both 1.72 and 1.73 on my GPS, as suggested in the FAQ?  How do users normally manage this?  Thanks.
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

Waypoints are stored completely separately from mapsets in your GPS memory, so you will not overwrite them when you update your maps. I would recommend overwriting your maps and keeping only the most recent version of Northwest Trails loaded.

Jon
CDuck
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 09:11:00 am »

Thanks.  I am really impressed with the completeness of this mapset.  We were down in Oregon last week.  I was hiking on the Humbug trail.  It is a dinky little trail, so I was surprised to find it on NW Trails.  The trail number is wrong, but that is a minor point.  We are going to Baker Lake next month, and I plan to use NW Trails to guide us across the lake to the Noisy Creek campground on the east side of the lake. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: