Switchbacks Forums
November 19, 2018, 08:10:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.27 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garmin GPS Map 62SC Total Rookie  (Read 3929 times)
sea2sky360
Tenderfoot

View Profile Email
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:22 am »

Hello, I am new to using a GPS device and a total rookie. I'm thinking I should of just bought a device with maps installed but decided I will give it a shot to learn.   I'm basically confused as to how to install the maps on my device. Do I need to install on an SD mini or does my onboard memory have enough space to handle the maps. Is there just one map or many?  I downloaded the program no problem but don't understand the file structure.  Do I need Map Manager or Base Camp from Garmin?  When I plug in the Garmin device it creates a drive - do I just drag and drop all the files installed by Northwest Topos onto the device? Basically I am looking for step by step instructions. ie.Download  Garmin Base Camp, turn GPS on plug into PC.  Real simple instructions.  Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:41:42 am »

GPSFileDepot.com has an excellent tutorials section to help with these sorts of things. This one should answer the questions that you have. Feel free to post here if you run into any issues or have any additional questions.

Jon
sea2sky360
Tenderfoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:38:24 pm »

Thankyou. Much Appreciated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: