Switchbacks Forums
September 22, 2018, 10:07:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.27 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simplest application for combining .gpx files  (Read 19938 times)
savant9
Trekker

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:35:30 pm »

I like to edit my track logs in Mapsource.  I find it simple and effective (and the underlaid map is quickly switchable) and I am quite fast at it.  The only problem I have is that mapsource will only let you import a single .gpx file at a time.  Is there a simple, cheap (or free!!) application that I can drop multiple .gpx files into and have it kick out a single .gpx file for me to clean up in mapsource?
The Jester
Adventurer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:12:14 am »

You can copy and paste tracks in MapSource.  I use this to build a complete track set for an area from multiple days worth of hiking.  I open two copies of MapSource with the overview map and the daily track.  Select all the tracks you want in the daily set, copy them, switch to the overview set and cntrl-v (paste).

Beware of Geeks bearing Gadgets!
savant9
Trekker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »

Duhh..... Sad

Thank you.  The tools were always there for me, and I just didn't realize it.  I usually have 2 instances of mapsource running any way (dual monitors)... this works perfectly.
+1 Karma for you, Jester.

thanks again  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: