Switchbacks Forums
December 18, 2014, 06:24:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.27 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to load in Basecamp?  (Read 5157 times)
Huckleberry
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2009, 11:58:44 pm »

I would like to overlay the trails onto the 24K Topo West maps that I have in Garmin's Basecamp software.
I'm guessing I can do this in the Garmin itself by loading the files separately but can it be done for planning routes on my pc?
(I was able to use GPSFileDepot instructions to load it in Mapsource)

Thanks!
Huckleberry
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:02:26 am »

Unfortunately, Basecamp can only display mapsets that have integrated DEM maps (the elevation data that gives the hillshading effect to some select mapsets like Topo US and the 24k map series).  This feature is currently not available in any custom mapsets.

Jon
Huckleberry
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:15:43 pm »

Is there a way I can take a number of the trails displayed in the layer and export them as tracks or some other thing that I can transpose them onto the shaded map?  Don't we have elevation data built into the trails that could be used to make route/track/way points in that manner?

Thanks again   Cry
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:59 pm »

That is unfortunately not a feature available with Northwest Trails at this time.  Have you taken a look at Redtrails.com?  It may provide a solution along the lines of what you are looking for.

Jon
Huckleberry
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:06 pm »

That's too bad..I'll probably send you my routes anyway.  Let me know if you discover something that will help me out though.
If as an admin you don't have my email address let me know in this thread and we'll figure out how to communicate.
I'm on LinkedIn as a System Analyst for Liberty Mutual with a picture of me standing on Rainier.

Huckleberry
MtnMutt
Wayfarer

I'm not lost, I just cannot be found!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:52:29 pm »

Undecided Hmmm, I notice the trails I've done lately and sent to Roadtrip show up on BaseCamp. But if I've not done them it will not allow. Interesting?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: