Switchbacks Forums
September 30, 2014, 10:57:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Trails v1.79 now available (December 12, 2013)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Submission Error  (Read 2675 times)
gunghobee
Wayfarer

View Profile Email
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:37:44 am »

I attempted to upload a file, and got the error, below, using Firefox. Possibly, it is my bad, as I was attempting to upload a zipped shapefile renamed as GPX in order to make it acceptable to the upload form.

Suggestions on getting this data to Switchbacks?

Error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
   Client IP: 208.100.160.36
   Port: 51102
   User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
   ViewState: 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
   Referer: http://www.switchbacks.com...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
   System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +106
   System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowMacValidationError(Exception inner, String persistedState) +14
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +237
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter.Deserialize(String serializedState) +4
   System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter formatter, String serializedState) +37
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +207
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +105
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +43
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.upload_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4211; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:59 am »

Don't try to change the extension as the system will recognize that it is not the correct file type.  Instead, just upload it as a .zip file.

Jon
gunghobee
Wayfarer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

Well, in the past, I've successfully uploaded .zip files here, but now get the same error now which prompted me to try the .gpx rename (with an explanatory note). I just tried uploading a .zip file moments ago, but got the seemingly same error message which I posted earlier in this thread. Probably my bad, but looking for a solution. Thanks.
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 02:11:05 pm »

There must be something specific to the file that you are trying to upload that is causing the problem. Is it especially large? If not, can you try emailing it to me instead?

Jon
gunghobee
Wayfarer

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »

Not big, 211 kb, zipped, so I emailed it to you. I've been making zip & emailing files for years, so maybe a Firefox issue?  Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: