Switchbacks Forums
December 20, 2014, 06:50:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Trails v1.80 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: download problem  (Read 2872 times)
Static
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:00:10 pm »

I downloaded NW trails with no problem in Jan.  I have tried to download newest version of NW Trails and the snow maps but downloads are not working.  Anyone having issues with that or answers to why I can't download updates.?
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:31:59 pm by Static » Logged
Fox
Wayfarer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:07:37 am »

I downloaded NW trails with no problem in Jan.  I have tried to download newest version of NW Trails and the snow maps but downloads are working.  Anyone having issues with that?
Thanks

I assume you mean not working?  :-)

I downloaded 1.54 when it came out, and tried again tonight..  No problems on my end..  The PC version of NW Trails downloaded just fine for me...  Didn't try any of the others..  Check firewall and anti-virus settings..  They may be blocking it.
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »

Try clearing out your browser cache and re-downloading; you might have gotten a corrupted download on your previous try.

Jon
Static
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:40:23 pm »

Yes, I did mean "not working".  When I tried several times to download yesterday without success I noticed that the pc version of nw and the pc version for snow trails looked like they were grayed out.  Download boxes opened, but just kept running with no progress made.  Turned off firewall and cleared all cache, etc. and went back to download page.  Now both pc map version looked same color as mac versions, but same thing happened when trying to download.
Will keep trying.  Thanks for any help.
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »

The "grayed out" look is actually the visited link coloring; I'll look at changing that to prevent confusion.  It just means that the browser recognizes that you already clicked that download link.

I'm not sure what might be the cause of your download issue.  What browser and OS are you using?

Jon
Static
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:57:29 pm »

Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:16:32 pm by Static » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: