Switchbacks Forums
February 19, 2018, 02:24:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Topos v0.27 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alaska hosed  (Read 3960 times)
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:45:32 pm »

It unfortunately looks like I screwed up datum or positioning of numerous trails.  I'm not sure the extent of the issue, but it appears to be worst in Alaska.  Since I keep all of the data in a single database, I'm not sure how this error occurred while keeping Washington et al trails relatively accurate.

I'm on vacation through next weekend and so I won't be able to fully investigate this issue until sometime next week.  I'd appreciate it if people could take a look at trails they know and see if they look to be shifted out of position or not.  The more information I have the more effectively I'll be able to correct the problem.

Sorry, all.

Jon
Gsnorgathon
Trekker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:04:43 pm »

All the Washington and Oregon trails I've submitted look fine.
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:17:21 am »

Now that I'm back from vacation I've taken a look at the data.  It appears that everything above N 50 exactly has been skewed.  I'm really at a loss to know how that could have happened, which makes me uneasy.  It's almost as if a transformation between datums went awry.

In any case, now that I've narrowed down the problem, I can work on restoring the affected data.  I'll try to have a new release out this week with this fix (though it won't contain any new data, as I haven't had any time to work on additions).

Jon
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:08:01 am »

Alaska (and all data north of N 50) has now been corrected.  It turned out to be a fair bit of manual labor to re-incorporate the backed-up versions of the affected trails, so please let me know if you spot any errors.

Jon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: