Switchbacks Forums
October 23, 2019, 08:41:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Northwest Trails v1.80 now available (December 16, 2014)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't figure out how to show NWTrails on top of Mapsource US Topo West  (Read 7463 times)
orrenb
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2010, 01:14:14 pm »

I'm using Mapsource V6.16.2 on Win7 and can see NW trails on top of the default mapset... but can't seem to get them to overlay City Navigator NA V8 or US Topo West.  I read something about transparency at GPSMapDepot but when I check the "help" file in Mapsource the only reference I find re transparency sez...."A Map Set can contain maps from more than one MapSource product, but if the maps overlap, you will only see data from one of the maps at a time in your GPS device. The maps are not transparent on the GPS device and cannot be combined."

I'm not so much concerned about seeing only one at a time on the GPS (I use a Garmin 276C) but would like to figure out how to have the trails integrated into city navigator and/or topo while using mapsource. 

Am I overlooking a way to do this? 

Thanks, OB

Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 01:31:32 pm »

MapSource does not allow you to overlay separate mapsets on the computer in the application; the overlaying only occurs on the GPS (the background data you see when NW Trails is selected is rough data I have added to the mapset for reference but does not upload to the GPS).  If you want to see topo and road data along with trail data, you should try Northwest Topos instead.

Jon
orrenb
Tenderfoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »

Thanks... I downloaded NW Topos and can see the trails superimposed when I go to at least the .5 mi zoom level like you said.... Now all I have to do is wait for some more of Oregon... and I realize that is probably a big effort... so I and I'm sure many others are waiting patiently... You are doing a great job with this stuff....
Moun10Bike
Switchbacks.com Guy
Administrator
Expeditionist

stanley_jon@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:14:57 pm »

Thanks!  I had hoped to be done with Crater Lake by the end of August (I'm marching across Oregon right now left to right, top to bottom), but I'm running behind.  There have just been a bunch of "epic" trail submissions in recent weeks (the kind that take a lot of effort to integrate into the existing database).

Jon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: